Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mini Haul

Picked up a few things, not all beauty or fashion related!

Gorgeous gold colour drop earrings with jade stones.

More after the jump...





The Road by Cormac McCarthy
I started it last night and I am hooked, I didn't want to stop reading last night but I had to get up early and it was already so late, I'll get through it all in my next sitting.

I can't review it as I haven't finished it but here are some bits of other reviews:

'A work of such terrible beauty that you will struggle to look away. It will knock the breath from your lungs.' - Tom Gatti, The Times

'A haunting, unsettling book that ideally should be read at one sitting, as long as you are prepared to bear the brunt of it's full impact. To do so is to be richly rewarded...The Road is a landmark in depcting the worst - and best - that humanity can muster'
- Daily Express

'Dazzling and beautiful and moving and sad...an amazing amazing book'
-Ekow Eshun, BBC Radio 4

This book has also been made into a film starring Viggo Mortensen.
I haven't watched the film yet as I always want to read the book first. A film can never do what a book can, imagination is key!



I love this pretty gold and brown chunky necklace!




No comments:

Post a Comment