Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nails of the day: Comic Nails


Super fun nails to do!
Pardon how messy they are, I was in a rush but still wanted something different to the usual.
My hands are super dry because it's getting a lot colder so the skin around my nails are less than perfect.
(Does anyone know a really good hand moisturiser for winter?)

More pics and what I used after the jump...




As I was in a rush I used a sharpie marker instead of black polish as I didn't have time to be neat, black polish is a much better choice as sharpie can smudge a bit when/if applying a clear top coat, but sharpie is fine to used as it's used over 2 coats of white polish and a clear base coat so it cannot stain your nails!
What I did:
1) Clear base coat
2) 2 coats of New York Colour polish in 'Little Italy'
Allow to dry completely
3) Draw on chosen designs (e.g. 'POW', 'BAM', 'ZAP', 'BOOM' etc)
Allow to dry
4) Paint around designs with Essence multi dimension polish in '40 Groovy'
Allow to dry
5) Added clear top coat

Et voila, done!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment